Career-spanning 3-CD David Crosby box spotlights the two-time Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer's solo stand-outs and classics with legendary groups, including The Byrds, CSN, and CSNY! Plus one full disc of previously unreleased material.
Music icon, singer-songwriter, social justice activist and sublime master of harmony vocals David Crosby is a two time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, inducted as a member of seminal folk-rock band The Byrds and Woodstock era-defining trio Crosby, Stills and Nash. CSN, who have been called "the voice of a generation," were GRAMMY®-honored in 1969 as Best New Artist, and Crosby continuesto tour and record with the now legendary group as well as with CSNY, their four-man unit with Neil Young.
David Crosby also has a decades-long legacy of adventurous solo work plus multiple albums as a duo with Graham Nash and with CPR, the jazz-flavored trio he formed with his son James Raymond in '95. A native Californian, Crosby's storied career began as a folk singer in the coffee-house scene of the early 1960s, and remains one of the most remarkable threads weaving through contemporary music. Produced by Graham Nash and Joel Bernstein, VOYAGE—the first retrospective of Crosby's influential work—charts Crosby's course from 1966 to the present.
- 3-CD boxed set, first ever Crosby retrospective, celebrates forty years of music from one of Rock's most influential figures. Produced by Graham Nash and Joel Bernstein, with associate producer James Austin.
- Almost three hours of remastered music spanning 1966-2006, including a full disc of previously unreleased riches.
- Handsome booklet features cover photo by legendary rock photographer Henry Diltz, in-depth liner notes by Steve Silberman, tributes from a host of fellow musicians and profound track-by-track commentary from the Crosby himself plus Roger McGuinn, Graham Nash, Phil Lesh, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, and more.
- Disc 1 — Essential Vol. 1 — kicks off with Byrds classics including "Eight Miles High" and "Renaissance Fair." Plus the Crosby-penned CSN immortals "Wooden Ships," "Guinnevere," and "Long Time Gone" and the CSNY signature songs "Déjá Vu" and "Almost Cut My Hair." Also features the Crosby solo gems "Tamalpais High (At About 3)" and "Laughing," plus the Crosby-Nash standouts "Carry Me," "Dancer," and more.
- Disc 2 — Essential Vol. 2 — features the CSN favorites "In My Dreams" and "Delta" plus CSNY's "Compass." CPR is spotlighted with five tracks including "Rusty And Blue" and "Somehow She Knew." Also includes Crosby-Nash's "Through Here Quite Often" and the Crosby solo recordings "Hero" and his powerful version of "My Country 'Tis Of Thee."
- Disc 3 — Burried Treasure — boasts almost 75 minutes of previously unreleased musical magic, including demos for "Déjá Vu," "Long Time Gone," and"Almost Cut My Hair" plus an alternate mix of "Guinnevere." Also features the Crosby & Nash live tracks "The Lee Shore" and "Traction In The Rain," CSNY's live take on "Dream For Him" (written for Crosby's son Django) and an alternate mix of CSNY's "Homeward Through The Haze." Plus, the previously unissued song "Kids And Dogs."
Disc One — Essential Vol. 1
- Eight Miles High — The Byrds
- Renaissance Fair — The Byrds
- Everybody's Been Burned — The Byrds
- Wooden Ships — Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Guinnevere — Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Long Time Gone — Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Déjá Vu — Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Almost Cut My Hair — Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Tamalpais High (At About 3) — David Crosby
- Laughing — David Crosby
- Music Is Love — David Crosby
- Song With No Words (Tree With No Leaves) — David Crosby
- What Are Their Names? — David Crosby
- I'd Swear There Was Somebody Here — David Crosby
- Where Will I Be? — Crosby & Nash
- Page 43 — Crosby & Nash
- Critical Mass — Crosby & Nash
- Carry Me — Crosby & Nash
- Bittersweet — Crosby & Nash
- Naked In The Rain — Crosby & Nash
- Dancer — David Crosby & Graham Nash
Disc Two — Essential Vol. 2
- Shadow Captain — Crosby, Stills & Nash
- In My Dreams — Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Delta — Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Compass — Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Tracks In The Dust — David Crosby
- Arrows — Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Hero — David Crosby
- Yvette In English — David Crosby
- Rusty And Blue — CPR
- Somehow She Knew — CPR
- Breathless — CPR
- Map To Buried Treasure — CPR
- At The Edge — CPR
- Through Here Quite Often — Crosby & Nash
- My Country 'Tis Of Thee — David Crosby
Disc Three — Buried Treasure (All Previously Unissued)
- Long Time Gone (Demo) — Crosby & Stills
- Guinnevere (Alternate Mix) — David Crosby
- Almost Cut My Hair (Demo) — David Crosby
- Games (Demo) — David Crosby
- Déjà Vu (Demo) — Crosby & Nash
- Triad (Demo) — David Crosby
- Cowboy Movie (Studio Version) — David Crosby
- Kids And Dogs (Unissued Song) — David Crosby
- Have You Seen The Stars Tonite? (Alternate Mix — Paul Kantner/Jefferson Starship
- The Lee Shore (Live) — Crosby & Nash
- Traction In The Rain (Live) — Crosby & Nash
- King Of The Mountain (Demo) — David Crosby
- Homeward Through The Haze (Alternate Mix) — Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Samurai (Studio Version) — David Crosby
- Climber (Studio Version) — Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Dream For Him (Live) — Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young